What are your packing guidelines?
Below is an non-exhaustive list of Convelio's packing guidelines
Note that if your protections do not comply with the below conditions, we will have to build a protection for your merchandise ourselves and charge you for that service:
- Marble, paintings and mirrors must never be put horizontally flat but always at an angle between 45 and 90 degrees
- Paintings and mirrors must be bubble wrapped. After wrapping, and before placement in a wood crate, the different faces must be protected with cardboard.
- Concrete and marble items must never be in direct contact with wood.
- We expect the polystyrene sheets to be at least a minimum 3/4cm thick. If fragile, ceramics, vases, chandeliers (and this is especially true for Murano glass) must be completely disassembled.
- Each item must be packed individually in bubble wrap and then put in polystyrene snow. If several items are stacked in the same wood-crate, they should not be in contact directly (bubble wrap + polystyrene sheet in between at least).